Bicycle & Pedestrian Law Resources
We have assembled the following list of resources which may be of assistance in learning more about topics relating to bicycling:
This book is a collection of information about bicycles and the law in Oregon. The material is collected in sections relating to laws, with explanatory articles about several areas. Its purpose is to provide bicyclists with more knowledge about the laws of the roadway. Published by the Bicycle Transportation Alliance. (updated Feb 2010)
This book is a collection of resources and information about pedestrian law in Oregon. Published by the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition.
Read about Citizen Initiated Violation Proceedings and how to use the courts yourself to prosecute dangerous drivers.
Read more about bicycle law in Oregon.
- Active.com - A comprehensive worldwide database to find, learn about and register for sports and recreational activities online.
- AnalyticCycling.com - A technical site devoted to evaluating and estimating cycling performance.
- Bicycling.com - Bicycling magazines online guide to cycling, with tips on gear, techniques and training, along with new product news, racing coverage, advocacy and cyclists rights.
- Bicyclinginfo.org - Part of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center.
- Bicycle Alliance of Washington
- Bicycle Federation of America
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Bikelane.com - A comprehensive collection of useful bicycle sites and resources.
- Bike Travel Online: Site has tips, phone numbers, stories and the Online Wheelchair report.
- Center for Appropriate Transportation
- Citizen Initiated Traffic Citations - Official Portland police protocol for citizen initiated traffic citations.
- Community Cycling Center
- Cycling news.com - Useful, helpful, practical information on riding, buying and fixing bikes.
- Cycledisciple.com - A free, web-enabled community that analyzes professional cycling developments with the goal of raising the worlds understanding of the sport.
- Dirtragmag.com - Articles, poetry, feature columns, reviews of mountain biking gear.
- DirtWorld.com - Trails, racing, reviews, stories, an online store and more for the mountain biker.
- Exploratorium: the Exploratorium Museums Science of Cycling presents a multimedia guide to the science behind bicycles.
- Federal Highway Administration - Information on the Millennium trails.
- Great Outdoor Recreations Pages
- International Mountain Bicvycling Association
- Metro Regional Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Mountainbike.com - Online companion to Mountain Bike magazine.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Transportation Library: Bicycle and pedestrian specific materials from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
- NW Bicycle Safety Council
- Portland Bicycle / Community Traffic Safety Program Web Site
- Portland United Mountain Pedalers
- Salem Bicycle Club
- Snell Memorial Foundation (SNELL) A non-profit organization dedicated to research,education, testing, and development of helmet safety standards.
- Trails.com - Over 150,000 biking, hiking and paddling trails
Know Your Legal Rights: A Free Legal Clinic for Bicyclists
2013 Bike Clinic Schedule
Clinics held at the Bicycle Transportation Alliance office
618 NW Glisan St., Suite 401, Portland, OR.
- Weds, February 20th at 6:00 pm
- Weds, April 17th at 6:00 pm
- Weds, May 22nd at 6:00 pm
- Weds, June 19th at 6:00 pm
- Weds, August 28th at 6:00 pm
- Weds, September 18th at 6:00 pm
- Weds, November 6th at 6:00 pm
For more information, see BTA's Resources page